Friday, August 16, 2013

Back from my Hiatus

Okay, so I got a little behind the "every Friday" thing. Two weeks ago I was back from Iowa, but was in the process of moving my stuff into my new place and had no internet set up yet. One week ago I went camping with a bunch of my old high school friends and spent the day preparing and driving down there (which is a whole 'nother story itself...it was so fun). And today I am back at my new place and was able to get internet set up earlier in the week so...here I am.

In the realm of optometry school speak, I've been running around getting doctor's appointments done with before orientation. While I was at home, I visited my optometrist and got an updated contact lens prescription, went to the dentist and had my first ever cavity filled, and got a physical done specifically for school. I also had to go get a TB skin test (which I've never done before) and had to make sure all my immunizations were up to date...which I just got done today. My left arm is a little sore on account of the Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis) shot I got this afternoon.

I'll be spending the next few days unpacking (I'm procrastinating that) and organizing. This Tuesday our 3-day orientation starts all day and runs through Thursday. I'm getting super excited and nervous all at the same time, mostly because I'm starting all over again.

On an unrelated note, I did obtain a cute little pet this week. Her name is Tesla, after the physicist and the SI unit for measuring a magnetic field.

Tesla the Robo Dwarf Hamster
Next week I'll write all about the fun shenanigans that happened during optometry school orientation. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment